The University of Buckingham is a private, non-profit university located in Buckingham, England. It was established in 1976 and is the oldest of the UK's five private universities.
It is known for its innovative and flexible approach to higher education and is one of the few universities in the UK that is not funded by the government.
The University of Buckingham offers online courses, in the form of a range of online and distance learning programs, including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, as well as apprenticeship courses among others.
These programs are designed to provide students with the flexibility to study at their own pace and from the comfort of their own homes.
The online courses that the university offers include one undergraduate full-time course, namely a Bachelor of Arts (BA.Hons) in Primary Education, which takes three years to complete.
The majority of the university’s available online courses fall under the postgraduate study level category and add up to a total of 22 courses.
They include those listed below:
- Assessment Only (AO) Route to Qualified Teacher Status (Primary and Secondary)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Covert Action, HUMINT and the Psychology of Intelligence Elicitation
- MA Education (fully online)
- MA Education (Evidence-based Practice) (fully online)
- MA Education (Leading Sport in Schools) (fully online)
- MA Education (Mentoring) (fully online)
- Online MA Education (Teaching and Learning)
- MEd Educational Leadership and Management (fully online)
- Independent PGCE for Independent Schools and Academies
- International Qualified Teacher Status (iQTS)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education
- Postgraduate Diploma In Mentoring (fully online)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Mentoring (fully online)
- PGCE for International Trainees (fully online)
- Prep PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status
- Primary PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) Conversion Course – Primary
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) Conversion Course – Secondary
- MA Residential Education (fully online)
- Scottish PGCE
- Secondary PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status
- The National Award for SEN Coordination (NASENCO) (fully online)
The online courses on offer at the university also further extend towards doctorate research such as the Professional Doctorate in Education (EdD). The institution also offers online apprenticeships such as the Postgraduate Teacher Apprenticeship with QTS as well as the Senior Leader Level 7 Apprenticeship.
Online courses typically feature interactive elements such as virtual discussions, group projects, and real-time assessments, which can enhance the learning experience the University of Buckingham has a reputation for academic excellence, and its online courses are taught by experienced and highly qualified instructors.
Overall, studying online courses at the University of Buckingham can provide students with an accessible, flexible, and cost-effective way to further their education and enhance their career prospects.