Laying its foundations in education in 1946, Nyenrode Business Universiteit has functioned in the teaching and uplifting of students in the business sphere for over 70 years, and counting. The university’s main aim is to ensure that enrolled students earn the necessary base skills to engage with subjects on both a theoretical and practical basis.
The university performs its functions from two separate locations in the Netherlands; one in Amsterdam and one in Breukelen. The Amsterdam location caters especially towards the international connections represented within the city, attempting to connect business with academia on this scale, whilst the Breukelen location is situated in a historic building and emphasises heritage and local interconnectivity.
The Nyenrode University also boasts its own set of accolades and achievements for its teachings in business. The institution has continued to climb positions among European schools for their full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) courses, and was also ranked the best in the Netherlands and Belgium for their open executive programmes in 2020.
Furthermore, their Bachelor’s in Business Administration (BBA) and Master’s in Management programmes have been highly regarded as top options of study through the study comparator, Keuzegids. The university divides its top quality teaching between expertise centres.
The expertise centres are as follows:
- Centre for Accounting, Auditing and Control
- Centre Corporate Reporting, Finance and Tax
- Centre for Entrepreneurship, Governance and Stewardship
- Centre for Marketing and Supply Chain Management
- Centre for Strategy, Organization and Leadership
Possibilities for study are divided between undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, and executive education qualifications. Out of the 52 total programmes of study available, 30 of them are available to be studied entirely in the English language.
These degrees of study are as follows:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) New Business and Bachelor of Honours (BA Hons) in Business Management
- Full-time Master of Science (MSc) in Management
- Full-time MBA
- PhD Programme
- (Pre-) MSc in Accountancy
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Digital Security - MBA Module Business and Information Technology (IT)
- Business Ethics in Context - MBA Module Business and IT
- Business Processes and Technology - MBA Module Business and IT
- Change Management and Organizational Development - MBA Module Business and IT
- Chief Financial Officer programme
- Digitalization and Boardroom Dynamics - MBA Module Business and IT
- Digital Strategy and Transformation - MBA Module Business and IT
- Executive Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) topic for board and senior level leaders
- Executive MBA
- Executive Programme Energy Transition in Business and Leadership
- Global Immersion Programme
- Global Immersion - MBA Module Business and IT
- Global Immersion - MBA Module Business and Sustainable Transitions
- Global Master Programme - Learning and Development Leadership
- Marketing, Innovation and Technology - MBA Module Business and IT
- Modular Executive MBA in Business and IT
- Modular Executive MBA - Thesis
- Modular Executive MBA - Thesis Business and IT
- Modular Executive MBA - Thesis Business and Sustainable Transitions
- New Human Resources (HR) Leadership Paradigms
- Organization and Value of Data and Technology - MBA Module Business and It
- Risk and Finance - MBA Module Business and IT
- Sustainability and Systemic Change - MBA Module Business and Sustainable Transitions
Apart from these, there are another 22 programmes conducted in Dutch for those who speak the language. As much as students will earn the opportunity to study in English, they will also have the chance to immerse themselves in the rich Dutch culture and activity prevalent in the Netherlands.
To find out more about how one can elevate their business pursuits through study, visit the Nyenrode Business Universiteit official website here.